While politicians continue to debate endlessly about complicated trade deals, at The Perfect Provenance we already know numerous companies that are proudly Made in the USA. As a small business owner, sourcing is one of the most difficult parts of my business. The temptation to buy cheaply made goods is enormous, especially when competing with large luxury store chains. We work very hard to counter that trend though and give our clients products and an experience that is unique. By supporting small businesses like ours you are supporting creativity and innovation.
Finding ethically sourced products made right here at home is not hard, you can easily search on any website you are buying from this holiday season or ask a sales person in store. Learn the story behind the products you buy, support your fellow Americans or crafstman sourced designs -- support quality over quantity. Everyone can do their part simply by asking simple questions such as where was this made and who made it? If you really care about fair trade, don't leave it in the hands of politicians, you as a consumer have enormous power. Everyone can and should learn if fair wages were paid, whether important labor practices were followed and how materials were sourced.
To help you find just some of the amazing companies this holiday season, we have assembled a short list of great designers and companies perfect for anyone on your list or you can check out www.fashionrevolution.org for more information. Check back every week for companies that we will feature sourced from the United States, and elsewhere, that ethically sourced.
MadeWorn Tees, Los Angeles, California
- MadeWorn Rock Tees are the ultimate in music nostalgia apparel. Made in Los Angeles from pure Memphis cotton, the cut tee, tee-shirt and raglan styles, are all hand-loomed on the same 1956 machines that produced the originals, and finished with hand-distressing and staining of staining and stone washing for 7+ hours with pumice stones (just like denim).
- Designer Blaine Halvorson has developed a proprietary, custom-formulated ink and screen printing technique that replicates the authentic look and wear of the original tees. MadeWorn maintains a stable of licenses for such bands as the Rolling Stones, the Ramones, Metallica, the Beach Boys, Queen, and Guns & Roses, among many others.
- Whenever a customer buys MadeWorn, they can rest assure that no one else has the same product that they do.
Slash with Michel Jackson
Owen & Fred, New York City
Hey Handsome Shaving Kit Bag
- Available in Army Green/ Orange & Brown/Navy combinations
- 5.5 inches high; 8 inches long; 4 inches wide
- Nickel hardware, leather handle and accents, plus a screen printed message on the interior.
- Designed & Made in the USA
- Tired of an overstuffed ziplock bag to hold your grooming essentials? Try the "Hey Handsome" Shaving Kit bag made is from 18 z Duck Canvas and Denier Nylon on the exterior and Denier Nylon on the inside. With zippers to keep your bag shut tight and water repellent fabrics, you can feel safe knowing that your grooming essentials will stay inside your bag, even if they leak.
- Owen & Fred is a New York-based men's design brand founded in 2012. Owen & Fred transforms the boring into extraordinary. Simply put: Men's Goods. Made Great.
Napa Soap Company, Napa, California
- Soapignon Blanc contains a rich blend of grape seed, olive, avocado and sunflower oils and is complemented by a dose of white wine.
- The refreshing scent is a perfect combination of grapefruit and pomegranate oils creating a fruity, uplifting bar that has been described as “citrus-y peach”.
- Made in USA
- The Napa Soap Company crafts their soaps by hand in small batches of 50 bars each at their shop in downtown St. Helena, Napa Valley. They use natural ingredients, buy organic whenever they can, recycle all of their packaging materials, and try to source as many local products as possible. All bars are hand poured and approximately 6 + ounces.
All of these products and many more, made in the USA products are available at The Perfect Provenance -- www.theperfectprovenance.com. Today is Cyber Monday -- shop and save -- you can get $25 any order of $150 or more when you use the code #cybermonday. Have a great day.