Did you know we always include something special when you buy something from The Perfect Provenance? This month, it is radish seeds perfect for planting for great fall veggies.
Did you know?
- That the word "radish" comes from the Latin “radix,” meaning “root,” and the Greek word "raphanus," which translates to "quickly appearing” may have to do with the fact that radishes are one of the fastest growing vegetables when they're planted from seed.
- With a very low calorie count, less than 20 calories in an entire cup, radishes are a great way to add nutrients, fiber and tons of flavor to your meals.
- The older, or longer it is allowed to grow, the spicier the radish.
- Radishes lower body temperature and relieve inflammation from fevers. A good method of intake is drinking radish juice mixed with black salt, and since they act as good disinfectants, radishes also fight infections that can cause fever.
- A half cup of radishes per day in a salad or just as a snack is nearly 15% of your daily intake of Vitamin-C
Mara Ossorio's radishes she planted recently. Radishes are easy to grow and grow quickly.