• ½ red onion (finely chopped)
• 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 x 14 ounces cans borlotti beans
• 2 x 8 ounces can of tuna in olive oil
• 3 tablespoons Perfect Provenance extra virgin olive oil
• salt (to taste)
• black pepper (to taste)
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
•crostini or sliced baguette
• Put the chopped onion into a bowl with the lemon juice and let it steep while you get on with the salad.
• Drain the beans and rinse to get rid of any gloop, then place in a bowl.
• Drain the tuna and flake it into the beans.
• Add the olive oil and some salt to the onion and lemon juice mixture, whisking to make a dressing, then pour it over the tuna and beans and transfer to a serving dish.
• Fork the tuna and bean salad through, seasoning with salt and ground pepper, and scatter the parsley over.
Serve on crostini, sliced fresh baguette drizzled with good olive oil or in small individual ramekins
Perfect Holiday App -- Citrus Marinated Olives
By Silvia Baldini
2 cups, serving 12
5 minutes, plus at least 2 hours' refrigeration
It is best to use olives that have not been pitted and such a favorite at aperitivo time.Ingredients:
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons vinegar
• 5 bay leaves
• 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, green shoots removed, thinly sliced
• Strips of rind from 1 lemon and 1 orange
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
• ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
• 2 cups imported olives (black, green or a mix) (about 3/4 pound)
• Combine the olive oil, vinegar, bay leaves and garlic in a small saucepan and heat just until warm over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon rind, thyme, rosemary and fennel seeds.
• Place the olives in a wide mouthed jar and pour in the olive oil mixture. Shake the jar to coat the olives. Refrigerate for two hours or for up to two weeks. Shake the jar a few times a day to redistribute the seasonings.
• Advance preparation: These will keep for about two weeks in the refrigerator.
You can order our olive oils & vinegars online or visit us at either of our stores in Greenwich, CT or Tiburon, California. Call us at 203-900-1131 for question!
Cheers -- lisa lori